Organizations & Articles
Below is a list of various organizations which can be invaluable toward your or your loved one's grieving process. If you find any links that are broken or invalid, do let me know. Send along any new organizations that need to be on this list. These are suggestions only, I have not personally vetted them all.
• Griefnet.org – An internet community of persons dealing with grief, death, and major loss.
• www.widownet.org – Online information and self help resources for, and by, widows and widowers.
• https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/grief/ – Downloadable When Families Grieve Resources, resources for military families, grief camps, counseling and support (Incredible list of grief camps, counseling and support).
• Alive Alone – for the education and charitable purposes to benefit bereaved parents.
• Formomsonly.org – For Moms Only is a healing place where you will find other mothers who can help you on this difficult journey.
• Open to Hope – Open To Hope website is an online community where people can find and share inspirational stories of life, loss and love. We encourage our visitors to read, listen, share, and contribute with honesty and compassion. Online forum with information and support so that people who experience loss can learn to cope with their pain, heal their grief, and invest in their future.
• Our Children’s Memorial Walkway – A positive place to remember our children.
Loss of Child
• COPE (Connecting Our Paths Eternally) is a non-profit grief and healing organization dedicated to helping parents and families living with the loss of a child.
• compassionatefriends.org – National, self help organization providing grief support after the death of a child. Included a chapter locator and supportive online brochures.
Loss of Infant, Miscarriage or Still Born
• Babies Remembered – Honoring the sacred lives of precious babies, never forgotten, always loved.
• Baby Steps – Support for those on the long road to recovery from the loss of a baby.
• Center for Loss in Multiple Births – We are parents who have experienced the death of one or more, both or all of our twins or higher multiples at any time from conception through birth, infancy and childhood.
• Grieving for Babies – Guides families and professionals towards understanding a grief caused by death of a baby during pregnancy, at birth and in the first few months of life.
• Infants Remembered In Silence, Inc. – A site offering support, education and resources on the death of a child in early pregnancy (miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy etc.), or from premature birth, stillbirth, neo-natal death, birth defects, sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), illness and all other types of infant and early childhood death.
• Missing GRACE Foundation – Missing GRACE Foundation’s mission is to provide resources and support for families that have experienced: pregnancy loss, infant loss, infertility or adoption and to advocate for comprehensive, patient-focused prenatal care for all women. Five core areas encompass the heart of the mission:Grieve, Restore, Arise,Commemorate and Educate.
• National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children, Inc. – (E-mail) A self-help group dedicated solely to the aftermath and prevention of murder.
• National SIDS & Infant Death Program Support Center
• Share – Pregnancy & Loss Support, Inc.
• Silent Grief – “Support for All Who Have Suffered Miscarriage and Later Child Loss.”
• Sudden Infant Death Network – A World of Information & Support.
• Baby Loss Kit – A list of valuable grief support resources for those who have suffered the loss of a baby.
• www.childrengrieve.org – National Alliance for Grieving Children.
• Comfort Zone Camps – Comfort zone camps are for children who are dealing with all kinds of grief. Death of parent, sibling or any type loss.
• Fernside.org – A Center for Grieving Children.
• Teen Grief – This is a site to let teens connect with other teens for support.
• Compassionate Friends – Non-profit, self-help support organization open to all Bereaved Parents, Grandparents, and siblings.
• Taps – The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc. (TAPS) provides a wide variety of programs and information to survivors, military and casualty personnel and others.
• The Gift of Keith – A memorial site designed by a bereaved sibling for siblings.
• SAVE – Suicide Awareness Voices of Education.
• Alliance of Hope for Suicide Survivors – The Alliance of Hope for Suicide Loss Survivors provides healing support for people coping with the shock, excruciating grief and complex emotions that accompany the loss of a loved one to suicide.
• www.halos.org –Helping all loved ones Survive, Inc (HALOS) is a support group for families and friends who lost a loved one to homicide. They are in Raleigh, North Carolina but they can provide help online and via telephone or referrals for those who need help in other areas.
Death Due to Substance Abuse
• GRASP Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing – provides sources of help, compassion and most of all, understanding, for families or individuals who have had a loved one die as a result of drugs.
• Gone Too Soon – Create an everlasting tribute to someone close to you whom you have lost.
• www.memoryjar.org – This is a site for sharing memories and information.
• www.memory-of.com – Many touching memorials and help to set up your own memorial.
• www.stillborn-angels.memory-of.com – This is a good site for information and memorials focused on stillborn deaths.
• www.victims-of-violence.memory-of.com – Many touching memorials focused on violent deaths and help to set up your own memorial.
– Laurie Burrows Grad (loss of husband of 45 years)
More to come...